Full Stack Engineer, Everyday Tools
Full Stack Engineer, Everyday Tools
Stillwater (stillwater.life) was founded in 2014 when our CEO’s grandmother asked him to get her a pot brownie. Realizing that grandma cared more about feeling better than getting stoned, our founders set out to develop functional cannabinoid-infused food and beverage products that alleviated the aches and anxieties of everyday life without tipping people into unwanted intoxication or forcing them to self-identify as “drug users.”
Five years later, our company encompasses three distinct business lines: (1) direct-to-consumer sales of THC-infused edibles in Colorado; (2) business-to-business sales of soluble hemp-derived CBD ingredients to food, beverage, and cosmetic manufacturers; and (3) direct-to-consumer sales of hemp-derived CBD-infused products nationwide.
About the job:
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build software tools that people will actually use, especially by those in Sales and Logistics functions. At Stillwater, we believe that tooling is destiny, and we put a special emphasis on shaping our tools with the understanding that our tools will later shape us. We believe that simple, narrowly tailored software systems are possible. The tools you build will be used daily by the people at Stillwater. Your goal will be to identify automatable workflows, instrumentation gaps, data bottlenecks, then build the tools we need to reduce these frictions and help everyone here make better decisions and increase their productivity.
We’re looking for someone who prefers simple and proven to new and shiny, who believes the best tool is the one you use. Experience working in a logistics or manufacturing environment is a plus. Experience or personal interest in product management is strongly preferred, as we will expect you to identify problem areas and develop product requirements on your own initiative.
Our current workflow stack:
• G Suite, Google Apps Script, Airtable, MongoDb (hosted on mLab and Atlas), Copper, DEAR Inventory, METRC, WinCC, PowerBI.
• Slack can burn in hell.
• All databases are indexed against the same unique set of keys.
• Build the software and infrastructure that helps Stillwater employees learn from one another, find the information they need to make good decisions, and automate routine tasks to increase productivity and reduce avoidable errors.
• Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from the metrics to prioritize how we approach problems to the pixel-level details of our solutions.
• Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
• Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand their requirements and pain points and develop tools to make them more effective.
You may be fit for this role if you:
• Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
• Think about systems and services and write high quality code. Our systems are currently built in Google Apps Script, MongoDb, HTML, and CSS. We also utilize Simatic WinCC for our production equipment. However, we care much more about your general engineering skill and growth mindset than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
• Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts. Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before.
• Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
• Have a high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience.
• Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design.
• Believe that perfect is the enemy of good, and act accordingly.
• Possess an authentic love of dogs and Pitch Perfect.
What you’ll love about us:
• We are a company, not a cult. We expect you to put in a good day’s work and then go home to your family. Fire drills are the exception, not the norm.
• We are a team of competent, motivated, diverse, and loving people.
• We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, and a fun, relaxed office environment.
• We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
• We are a workplace of adults who value reasoned debate over political maneuvering. We try to do the right thing and, more importantly, we try to identify and admit when we don’t as quickly as possible.
• We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, and spending time with friends and family.