Coffee Braised Bison Stew
SERVES 4, 7.5MG THC PER SERVING
2 lbs bison stew meat
1 cup Clockwork Coffee 10mg Pure, brewed strong
1 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp salt
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp ancho chili powder
3 bacon strips, chopped
1 small onion, diced
2 cups Clockwork Coffee 10mg Pure, brewed strong & divided
2 cups dry red wine
1 Tbsp chipotle-based hot sauce
1. In a large ziplock bag, combine the bison with the marinade ingredients. Set in the fridge to marinate for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 300F. Remove bison from the marinade bag and toss with flour and ancho chili powder until evenly coated.
3. In a Dutch oven (or large pot), cook the bacon over high heat until it begins to brown. Remove from pot and set aside. Working in bunches, brown the bison on all sides; remove from pot and set aside. Put heat to medium; add onion to the pot and sauté, stirring frequently, until soft.
4. Add clockwork coffee, wine and chipotle sauce. As you stir, scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Place the bacon and bison back to the pot.
5. Cover and transfer to the preheated oven. Braise stew for 2 1/2 hours, or until the bison is tender.